As I read through it I was held up by the very second verse listed and my full attention was drawn into those few words.
They say so much to me.
But as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord God my refuge, That I may tell of all Your works.
Psalms 73:28 NASB
Breaking it down to hit home:
- But for me – but as for me & my house (Joshua 24:15), regardless of what others may put their stock in.
- The nearness of God -ya know the earth revolves around the sun, just as my life revoles around The Son of God (not the other way around). If we feel like God is not close all we have to do is get closer to Him, let the ‘SON’ rise. Let The Son reign.
- Is my good -the only good in me is God. Without Him i am nothing (John 3:30). He > i.
- I have made -a personal commitment. I’ve made a conscious desision. I deliberately follow in His footsteps getting to know Him better day by day.
- The Lord God -“Lord”: Master, Sovereign, Chief, Head, Leader, Governor, trusted confident. I’m a bond slave, given choice to stay under His Lordship. For you are free, yet you are God’s slaves, so don’t use your freedom as an excuse to do evil.
1 Peter 2:16 NLT
- My refuge – shelter, tower, rock, fort, protector, under His wing, trust, safe space, happy place, in His embrace, my home, where I dwell, a safe harbor.
- So that– everything before this gives reason for me to tell of all HIS works. We don’t need a Bible degree, just lift Him up for the world to see (John 12:32). Ain’t no rock gonna cry in my place (Luke 19:40). Proclaim, witness, testify, declare, I do tell.
Well, I declare! There we have it.
In Jesus name & for Christ’s sake, beetle
Isaiah 55:1-5 MSG:
“Hey there! All who are thirsty, come to the water! Are you penniless? Come anyway—buy and eat! Come, buy your drinks, buy wine and milk. Buy without money—everything’s free!
Why do you spend your money on junk food, your hard-earned cash on cotton candy?
Listen to me, listen well: Eat only the best, fill yourself with only the finest.
Pay attention, come close now, listen carefully to my life-giving, life-nourishing words.
I’m making a lasting covenant commitment with you, the same that I made with David: sure, solid, enduring love. I set him up as a witness to the nations, made him a prince and leader of the nations, And now I’m doing it to you: You’ll summon nations you’ve never heard of, and nations who’ve never heard of you will come running to you Because of me, your God , because The Holy of Israel has honored you.”
Isaiah 55:1-5 MSG
For more be sure to check out:https://heathercking.org/2019/09/17/bible-verses-about-drawing-near-to-god/